3/28/12

Corn Dog Muffins




If you don't know already, I am a complete Pinterest addict! I am absolutely hooked! So, of course I found this recipe there, now I am not a corn dog person myself, but Big T loves them, and I hate buying them, mostly because I'm cheap, but also because I fill my freezer with meat loaves, lasagnas, pizza cups, and other home-cooked yummy things, and corn dogs do not fall into that category. However when I saw this recipe I got excited and thought: "I could freeze those! I could pull them out one at a time, Big T could snack on them on the Saturdays I go visit my sister and baby niece, or when I'm too lazy to cook" I got excited. What a genius idea!

I decided that I was going to try them out today, but of course I was all out of cornmeal...I did  however have an arsenal of boxed cornbread mix (it was on super sale) so, I took the cheater way out and just stirred that up, poured it into a regular sized muffin tin, sliced a normal sized hot dog into thirds, stood them up in the middle, baked at 400 for about 15 minutes, they were yummy,and the kids liked them too. I only got nine out of my normal sized muffins, and of course it was more corn bread than anything, but that was fine by me! I did freeze what was left, and next time I'll use the actual recipe and make them mini sized.