I was inspired by this awesome blog post at The Tidy Nest but, of course I can never leave well enough alone, so I changed it a little, here is what I did:
- I had Big T save the heels of his bread for a while, by tossing them into a large baggie in the freezer, and when I was ready to do this I just grabbed the baggie out, and preheated the oven to 300 degrees.
3. I was out of garlic, so I used two of these cubes that I have had forever, I crumbled those into the bowl as well.
5. I mixed it all together in a bowl.
6. I used a funnel to dump my mixture into an old spice bottle, for easier sprinkling.
7. I buttered both sides, and then sprinkled one side, you don't need to worry about doing both sides, they will get well covered in the pan.
8. I chopped them up into small, even like pieces.
9. I then put them in my 300 degree oven for 3 ten minute intervals, as in: ten minutes, stir, ten minutes, stir, ten minutes, stir and done.