5/15/12

Peanut Butter Fruit Pizzas

I don't know what the deal is, but lately I can not get my big kids to eat fruit for the life of me! I was trying to come up with a way to get them to eat it again, I know they like it, they just haven't been interested, and will end up throwing most of it away, and then being hungry in ten minutes. I remembered them really enjoying fruit pizza, but I was thinking about this at 3:30 yesterday afternoon, and they get here at 3:45, and I didn't have everything I needed, that's when it hit me: I could use graham crackers and peanut butter as the base of my "pizza"

I thought three "toppings" for their "pizzas" would be enough, I chose apples, bananas, and raisins as they all go good with PB, I put it all in bowls, and set it out on the table, showed them how to spread the peanut butter on the cracker.

At first only one little girl was interested in making one, the other kids weren't so sure,I know better than to push the issue with these specific kids, but they came around on their own, slowly one by one they all decided to try one, just on half of a cracker, and then they all loved it! They were piling on the fruit and went through all of it! They've requested we do this again soon, they had so much fun!

The fruit was all gone before I thought about taking pictures, but here is one I did grab one of the last "pizza"

This plate was used to cut the banana, that's why it looks awful.