11/20/12

Recycled Turkeys

We made turkeys! Out of toilet paper rolls! I don't have any good pictures!


Okay, so maybe exclamation points aren't the best way to earn your forgiveness for not having a photo tutorial for you...I can explain, my sister has my camera...blame her! Anyway, I wanted to share this before Thanksgiving, so I'll do my best to explain the process, it's easy, and then I'll try to remember to do a photo tutorial once I have my camera back, and if you have any questions, let me know!


Aren't they cute? 

Here's what you need:

  • Base-I used plastic lids
  • two toilet paper rolls
  • scraps of construction paper
  • googly eyes (optional)
  • paint/markers (optional)
  • Hot glue gun, and glue sticks
  • scissors
Body=1/2 tube
Head=1/4 tube
Tail=1/8 tube

You'll need about six of the tail pieces. I let the kids use regular school glue for the face, and the big ones cut out the beak and whatever that red thing is called, and they did that. Some of the kids chose to scrape all of the paper off and color parts of it, others wanted to leave toilet paper on the roll (whatever, it's their turkey) I did the hot gluing, I think that's pretty self explanatory  I started by gluing the body to the base, and then the head, and then the tails last. 

I think they are adorable, and the kids had a good time, and that's all that matters! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!