1/15/13

Brothy Beef Stew



Big T is sick =( I mean super duper sick. I feel terrible for him, he looks awful, he's burning up, then freezing, then burning up! I can't keep up! Anyway, he wanted "brothy soup...but no chicken" for supper last night. I happened to have had some stew meat, so I decided to make him some beef stew. Normally I make the broth thicker and add tomatoes, but he requested no tomatoes, he wanted the broth to be thin. Also, I am aware that corn is not part of the Paleo diet, but he wanted it, he was sick, so it is what it is. Anyway, it was yummy, flavorful, and brothy, and it's all he's been eating today.










  • 1-2lbs. stew meat
  • 2-3 large carrots, chopped (or sliced depending on the thickness you prefer)
  • 1-2 Medium onions, chopped
  • Frozen corn, optional
  • Frozen green beans
  • 2-3 Pieces Celery, chopped
  • 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • Water
  • Sea Salt, Black Pepper
  • Italian Seasoning (I make mine, it's: Basil, Marjoram, Thyme, Rosemary, Savory, Sage, and  Oregano) [that's what all the floaty bits are]










Get all your veggies prepped, and toss into your slow cooker on low (except the carrots and green beans). Sear the meat on both sides (you don't HAVE to do this step)

Add the meat, and the seasonings, and add just about 1 1/2 cups of water, cover, and let cook on low for 6-8 hours. About an hour to two before serving add carrots and green beans, and more water if you think it needs it.