11/6/13

Peanut Butter Pie



I started making this pie in high school, and it became really popular with my friends and family, however, it is absolutely horrible for you, so I stopped making it. My best friend recently had a birthday and badgered me for weeks before hand to make this for her. So, as a good best friend, I did. It is delicious, but also made of entirely processed foods, this is the second time I've made it in the last six years! Prior to that I made it every couple months!














  • Chocolate Pie Crust (I prefer Oreo brand)
  • 2 Tbsp. Creamy Peanut Butter
  • 1 Cup Powdered sugar ((have more handy, you may need it))
  • 1 Family sized box of Jello Instant Chocolate Pudding
  • 2 Cups Milk
  • 1 Container Cool Whip
  • Miniature Reeses










  1. Combine peanut butter and powdered sugar, you can either use a fork, or toss it in the food processor. You may need to add more powdered sugar, you want it to be loose and crumbly (will post photos below)
  2. Layer about half of this mixture into your crust, some clumps are fine, reserve the rest.
  3. Mix milk and pudding mix as instructed on the box, pour this in your crust, leaving about a half inch of space at the top of the crust. Allow it to set up for a few moments.
  4. Sprinkle more of the peanut butter mixture over the pudding. You may have some left over, I mix it with the leftover pudding and Cool Whip, and let Big T have a treat. You could also store it for later.
  5. Top with Cool Whip.
  6. Sprinkle Reeses on top. This time I used the new minis, and one king size package was enough, in the past I used eight of the small ones, so that each piece had on little cup.
  7. Refrigerate until ready to serve.