12/20/13

My Book Review Policy

As of 6/2016 I am closed for reviews. Sorry for any inconvenience. Hopefully I'll be back at it soon!


I really love to read, I probably spend too much time reading! I love to read a good book and tell others about it.

If you have a book that you would like reviewed, I might be interested in reviewing it for you! As an indie author myself I know how hard it can be to get people to read and review your books. I do have a few review groups I'm associated with, but I'm also completely open to proposals from authors or publishers.

Read this little list I put together if you feel clueless about this entire process!

I read most genres, though I prefer fiction and I will not review erotica.
I will do my best to read and review in a timely manner. However, I have a life. Please allow six to eight weeks for me to read and review. All reviews are free of charge and will be posted here on my blog, on Amazon, Goodreads, and one or two other sites of your choosing. If you have a book tour and giveaway you're promoting I may be willing to post that as well.

All of my reviews will include the cover of the book ((as long as you provide one)) title, author, links to purchase((as many as you want)), and links to connect with the author ((Twitter, Facebook, website, etc.)), the blurb that goes along with your book, my thoughts, a rating between 1-5 stars ((indicated with pictures of stars under the "Amanda's Thoughts" portion)), a short list of "need to knows" ((does it contain sex or swearing, etc.)), and an "about the author" portion. I generally pull the info from your Amazon page, unless you have a short bio you'd prefer me to post. 


All reviews will be honest and thoughtful. If for some reason I can't finish it or have nothing redeeming to say about it I will contact you first. If you are interested in a review please e-mail me: mrs_clark@live.com

Please use the following format for your subject line: Genre/Title of Book

In the body of your e-mail please include a synopsis and purchase links (unless it's not yet published)  No need to send the actual book until I get back to you with my final decision. 

I prefer .mobi files for e-books but can work with .epub if need be. Print copies are fine too, of course, but not at all required.

I'll let you know right away if I'll be willing to review for you and what my schedule looks like. I'll also let you know as soon as my reviews are posted. Keep in mind that the time it'll take me to read and review greatly depends on the length of your book, what else I have going on in my life and frankly, my level of interest.


Also, if your "alpha male" that is supposed to be a hero, comes off as a pushy, controlling, abusive jerk, it's going in my review. You can have a strong male lead without him being borderline abusive.



Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I look forward to working with you!

Again, my e-mail is: mrs_clark@live.com