1/28/14

Pine Brothers Throat Drops-Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.


I was recently given the opportunity to try out Pine Brothers Throat Drops. They couldn't have come at a better time, we were hit with this horrible sore throat/cough literally the day before I got the box in the mail. What better time to try them, right? They sent me a really nice assortment, including a tote bag, someone must have tipped them off on how happy tote bags make me =)





I received four bags of black licorice, two of cherry, two of honey, two "pucks" of honey, and two of cherry...and of course a bag. I really prefer the packaging of the pucks because I can toss it in the diaper bag and not worry about them spilling, or the container getting crushed. I kept the container when we finished one and added some drops from the bags to the puck. They are very conveniently sized. 

The drops themselves remind me a little bit of Dots, but not quite at chewy. They are semi-hard, I suppose that's why they call them "softish" You're supposed to let them dissolve. I have a hard time with that. I'm a chewer. I don't know that I have ever had a piece of hard candy or a lollipop that I didn't crunch down on. I can't help it. I did try really hard and succeed with one drop, it was more effective that way, so if you have will power, I suggest letting it dissolve.


They taste good. It's not an overpowering or unpleasant taste at all. A lot of throat drops taste "mediciney" these don't at all. I really enjoyed all three flavors, though I will say black licorice is my least flavor, but I don't mind it.

They worked really well too. They do an excellent job of easing the soreness and scratchy feeling from coughing too much. My throat got so dry and itchy from all the coughing, and these did an excellent job of soothing that. 

All in all, I am really glad I got to try them, I would buy them, they work, and I found the texture quite intriguing. And, they had great timing! 

Find Them:











I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.