2/4/14

Mexi Bake



One of my favorite things to use in cooking is salsa. It makes my life so much easier, and it's perfectly healthy, just a bunch of vegetables all mashed up together, what could be better? Tonight's supper incorporated salsa and was so easy to make, it's one of our favorites...I know I say that about like everything I post, but truth be told we have a selection of meals that we stick to, and they are all "favorites" occasionally a new recipe will sneak in, but really we're creatures of habit.

One of our regulars is this "Mexi Bake" that I came up with one night when we were starting to get low on ingredients. The first one didn't have cheese, it was alright, but cheese makes everything better.










  • 1 lb. Ground Beef
  • 1 1/2 Cups Salsa
  • 1 Cup Rice  ((just under cooked if not instant/boil in bag))
  • 1/2 tsp. Taco Seasoning ((optional))
  • 1 Cup Shredded Cheese ((optional))










Combine your beef, salsa, rice and taco seasoning in a bowl. I mix it in the same Pyrex dish I bake it in, because I'm lazy like that. Make sure all ingredients are well incorporated, flatten out into a baking dish, and bake at 350 for 45 minutes, or until done. Pour the grease off. If you're using cheese, sprinkle it on top and put back in the oven until melted.





For the rice if you use boil in the bag or instant you can mix it in dry, if you use regular you'll need to cook it until just under done before adding it to the mixture, otherwise you will have crunchy rice, and that's no bueno.