12/3/14

Book Review~ Reese's Cowboy Kiss




Title: Reese's Cowboy Kiss
Genre: Romance
Author: Kimberly Krey
Purchase Links: Amazon
Connect With the Author: WebsiteFacebook

Texan pageant winner, Reese Taylor, has a former classmate
who wants her dead. Now she must leave her friends and family
to enter a protection program on Emerson Ranch. A group of
good-looking cowboys awaits her, but Reese has her eye on
Blake Emerson, the one man too busy with the ranch to
give her a chance.

Blake Emerson has no time to go lookin' for love. He's got
a ranch to run, positions to fill, and an ache in his heart
from love gone wrong. So when he agrees to harbor a witness
to help on the ranch, Blake assumes his first two problems are
solved. But he never dreamed his new guest would be a
woman. One he was destined to lose his heart to.

With sparks burning hot and danger around the bend, one
question lingers in his mind: Has he only added to his list
of troubles, or has Blake just found the woman of his dreams?








One of the things that really stuck out to me in this book was that Blake didn't pressure Reese, but instead asked her to stop when things got too heated. It tends to be the other way around in most books, or assumed that everybody has sex. So, that was quite refreshing to see.

There is one thing that I think fell short and that's the storyline involving Terrance. With as fiercely protective as Blake is I expected him to confront Terrance about the intentionally misleading information about Reese. Given his personality I find it highly unlikely that he would have just let it drop as he did. I also expected Terrance to responsible for the wheat incident given the buildup.

Overall, I really enjoyed the bonds of family and the good, solid commitment to doing the right thing, no matter what it is. It's humorous and sweet and all around a very good book that kept me flipping the pages. I really enjoyed reading it and am looking forward to reading the others in the series. I highly recommend Reese's Cowboy Kiss if you're looking for something sweet, clean and easy to read.




Sex? No. There are a few passionate scenes.
Language? Minor.
Drugs and alcohol? No.
Religion? Not really. Going to church and prayer is mentioned.
Anything else I should know? Nope!


Writing Romance That's Clean Without Losing the Steam! 

I'm a reader of good, clean romance, a lover of family time and Diet Coke, and the ultimate hater of laundry. 
I'm not patient enough to enjoy yoga, or tall enough to be great at basketball, but I do love to run - anywhere but on a treadmill. I love the sound of a rainstorm when I have no place to go, the feel of Soft Lips chap Stick on my lips, and the first peek of blue water as we round the mountains toward our favorite getaway in Bear Lake.