1/17/15

Review~ Peppermint Essential Oil


I'm going to preface this review by reminding you that essential oils need to be used with caution and understanding. Please do not go out and buy essential oils and just dive on in. Do research. Lots of research. Understand what you're dealing with. Just because it's natural doesn't mean it can't hurt you. I mean, look at all the plants that grow naturally that can kill you. Essential oils are quite potent and too much of a good thing can be a bad thing.

That being said, I was given a bottle of Majestic Pure Peppermint Essential Oil to review. I have been using Essential oils for several years now and have done a lot of reading on them. I love peppermint oil most for use in homemade vapor rub, to clear out the respiratory tract and for a little energy boost by smelling it, either straight from the bottle or in a diffuser. We also learned this summer that spiders hate it, and we had quite a spider problem on the side of our house, we put several drops in water and prayed where they normally congregate and didn't have any more issues. We did regularly reapply to be safe.


I most liked that Majestic Pure came with a glass dropper in addition to a regular lid. Most of my other EOs only have one or the other, rarely both. I love that this has both options. It's also a 4 oz. bottle which will last quite some time as you only use a few drops at a time. 

Overall I was quite pleased with Majestic Pure's peppermint oil, however, I do wish they would've included a little paper on safety and proper usage and handling for people that aren't familiar with essential oils and don't know what they're doing.




*I received this product in exchange for my honest review, all opinions are my own.