3/10/15

Review~Magnetic Screen Door


I was asked to review the Magnetic Screen Door. I was super excited about this because I've wanted one for some time. We do a lot of in/out during the spring and summer months, often times with arm loads of stuff, so I thought this would be perfect.


The packaging is pretty straightforward. 


You get the two door panels, a little baggie of tacks and sticky backed velcro. The door panels themselves have velcro sewn along three sides. Can you see what's not included? Instructions. Now, I understand that this is a pretty straightforward product, but a little "how-to" printed on the back of the insert would be extremely helpful. If only to know if the problems I had were me or the product.

Big T had the job of installing the velcro around the door frame, this was easy and quick to do.


The door panels themselves went up easily as well. 


Once it was installed we realized there was one big problem: the "magnetic screen door" isn't very magnetic at all. If I hold the ends together and smooth it down, it works just fine...but that sort of defeats the whole idea of it being "hands-free" doesn't it?


Here's a little video I made to show you what I mean. It seems to be a little hit and miss on whether it works or not. After we discovered this I checked the Amazon reviews and saw that they were very mixed. It seems like you either get a good one or you don't. I guess we got a medium one. 

I love the concept and think it would be great if it worked, they provided the right amount of materials to install it. It's easy enough to install and all of the materials feel sturdy enough.

However, there are no instructions and the magnets seem to be very hit or miss on weather they'll work or not. I'll give it three hearts for trying really hard, unfortunately this just missed the mark.



*I received this product free in exchange for an honest review, all opinions are my own.