5/23/15

Book Review~ Dorothy's Story






Title: Dorothy's Story
Genre: Amish Christian Romance
Author: Anna King
Purchase Links: KindlePaperback  
Connect With the Author: WebsiteFacebookAmazon








A young Amish woman named Dorothy dreams of the day she will marry her secret childhood love, John. An unexpected turn of events threatens her dream of marriage, leaving her uncertain of whether or not she can overcome the obstacles standing in the way of her happily ever after. Join Dorothy on her journey in "Dorothy's Story (An Amish Romance)". 








Short, sweet and clean, Dorothy's story had me turning the pages in anticipation of what was to come. A few times it had me a little bit heartbroken, but in the end it had me smiling. I'm a sucker for a good romance. I'm usually not too interested in Amish romance, likely because we live around and interact with Amish people on a regular basis so I don't find their lifestyle as intriguing as those that don't live in areas with a heavy concentration of them. They're just people that I see out and about regularly. Normally I feel like Amish romances are all the same and a little dull. And I will say that a few of the characters did feel a little one-dimensional, but this is a very short story, so there isn't a ton of room for development here.

Overall, I really enjoyed the story line, I found it intriguing and it kept me turning the pages. I would absolutely read more from Anna King and would recommend this to anyone interested in a short, clean romance.
  



Sex? No.
Language? No.
Drugs and alcohol? No.
Religion? Christianity
Anything else? No.








Anna King has always had a passion for reading and writing. She is a romantic at heart, and enjoys wholesome love stories. When she is not writing, she keeps busy taking care of her family and volunteering for various activities through her church. Sign-up to receive sneak peeks of upcoming releases and other book related updates by visiting:http://bit.ly/annakingbooks.



*I received a free e-copy of this book in exchange for my honest review, all opinions are 100% my own.
*Thank you to The Indie View for connecting me to this author.