5/11/15

Book Review~Devon's Choice





Title: Devon's Choice
Genre: Fiction, Clean/Christian Romance
Author: Catherine Bennett
Purchase Links: Amazon     
Connect With the Author:  AmazonGoodreads








Life holds no surprises for Devon Murphy. Her life consists of keeping tabs on her aging Irish father, working part time at a coffee shop, and building her online graphics design business. Devon’s only tricky situation is a shallow relationship with the pampered and affluent Michael Turner, who sees her as just another woman to conquer. 

Following his father’s death, Brandon’s only goal is to expand the family business and live life on his own terms. That is, until he walks into the coffee shop one snowy evening and meets the enchanting, red-haired barista behind the counter. But can Devon and Brandon’s attraction for each other be strong enough to help erase their deepest disappointments and renew their faith in God? 








Devon's Choice is entertaining, emotional, funny, and enjoyable. I loved watching the development of Brandon and Devon's relationship and their growth together and as individuals. This one has plenty of highs and lows that keep you interested. There really isn't anything I disliked about Devon's Choice. It's really a pretty simple, straight-forward love story with just enough drama and action to keep you turning the pages. But not too much of anything that you feel overwhelmed. Overall, I really enjoyed Devon's Choice, and highly recommend it to any fellow clean romance readers. This was a fun, fairly short, enjoyable read.

  



Sex? No.
Language? No.
Drugs and alcohol? No.
Religion? A little bit of Christianity.
Anything else? No.

I grew up in Ohio where I currently live with my husband and our two rescue Labradors. Some of my favorite things include reading, shopping, pepperoni pizza, Hershey bars and hanging out with my two grown sons. I also lovedogs; so going to the dog park is cheap entertainment for my husband and I! 

Growing up an only child, I had many imaginary friends. I believe this - and a love of books - fueled my desire to write. It was many years later that my dream of becoming a published author came true.

"Devon's Choice" and "The Trouble With Charlie" are both published by Clean Reads.


*I received a free e-copy of this book in exchange for my honest review, all opinions are 100% my own.