7/14/15

Book Review~ Animal Prints



Title: Animal Prints
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Author: May Williams
Purchase Links: Amazon, B&N, Kobo, iTunes
Connect with the Author: WebsitePinterest, Facebook, Twitter















Photographer Ian Kroft’s dream is to finish his book on fellow veterans.
When his father offers him the funds he needs in exchange for persuading a
family to sell their farm, it sounds simple. Then Ian meets Colette and in
a flash everything changes.

Cherry Ridge Farm is home to Colette’s family — and to her animal rescue
center. The slim, gorgeous veterinarian has no intention of selling. Soon
Ian’s chasing after her runaway dog and laughing at her jokes, and he
knows that if he lets slip his real purpose, she’ll never forgive him.
Ian’s torn between his book and his new romance…all while his father is
clamoring for him to seal the deal.

Colette can trust a dog to come back when she calls, but a man? Colette’s
been burned more than once. Then a sweet, athletic photographer pops into
her life and makes her wonder if it’s time to picture a new future.









I loved Animal Prints so much! I love Colette's relationship with her family, I love the quirky pet names and I love her relationship with Ian. My heart went out to Ian throughout the whole book, I was pulling for him! He was caught between a rock and a hard place, and I think we've all been there. I enjoyed watching their story develop and Colette learn to trust again. It's hard to let someone in again after you've been hurt so much, so I was certainly able to relate there. There was some great humor and references as well, which always keep me interested.

Overall, I really enjoyed Animal Prints. It's a sweet, easy summer read I'd really like to read the rest in the series. This was enjoyable and engaging and I loved every minute of it. A page turner for sure!




Excerpt: 

“Colette, you in here?” Ian called. “Brought you some coffee and a doughnut.” A hay bale hit the ground near him and he stepped back to look up at her. “You don’t want a doughnut?”

“What are you doing here?” she demanded.

Ian glanced over his shoulder to see if someone was behind him, then shrugged. “Bringing you coffee.” He raised the cup in her direction. “What’s the matter?”

“I thought you left,” Colette said, starting to feel foolish, but sounding nonetheless petulant.

“I did leave to take some pictures down at the lakeshore. I drove over to park at Lexy’s house so I was closer to the water, then she gave me food. Does she give everyone food?”

page3image17264
“Yeah. Doesn’t make you special.” Colette climbed down the ladder from the loft and stripped off her gloves. She reached for the coffee, still upset.

Ian held the coffee just out of her reach. “You thought I left, like, forever.” He sounded puzzled.

“You didn’t leave a note or bring anything into the house last night,” she said, not losing the edge of anger. “It would have been an easy escape.”

“Is that what you think I want? You know something?” He put the drink and bag down on an upside down bucket. “You’re pissing me off.”

“I’m pissing you off?” She came closer and poked him in the chest. “You’re the one who left without saying a word.”

“For a couple hours to take pictures. That can’t surprise you.” He folded his fingers around hers to stop the prodding.






May Williams is convinced she read every book in the public library of her
hometown as a kid. They were wonderful inspiration for life as a novelist.
If she’s not reading or writing, May can be found pursuing her other two
passions – sewing and running. May lives happily in a little town on the
shores of Lake Erie with her husband, two children, three cats, and one
oversized dog.



*I was given a review copy in exchange for an honest review, all opinions are my own.