8/26/15

Book Review~ Chasing Rainbows






Title: Chasing Rainbows
Author: Linda Oaks
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Length: 248 Pages
Purchase: Amazon
Connect With the Author: Facebook








When Addison Hayes world was turned upside down, she found herself spiraling into a darkness that not even her two best friends were aware of. 
With the start of her senior year, Addie finds herself entangled in a twisted game with brothers, Chase and Chance Logan, which leaves her feeling lost and confused. 
But sometimes out of complete chaos arises a blindingly blessed insight. 
That insight goes by the name of Jake Riley. 
Jake doesn’t scare easily. No matter how hard Addie tries to push him away. 
Will Addie lose herself in the darkness or will she be brave enough to set herself free?




I love Linda's writing style. Let's just start there. I really like the way she writes. She made me cry. She made me feel and ache for a fictional character. A huge part of reading for me is the emotions and connection with the characters. She did this with ease. Overall, I loved this wonderful story of healing, love, and self discovery.

But, I do have a couple of things I want to talk about. First, there is so much insta-love/lust. At one point I stopped and was like "Whoa. It's been like two days!" I know it's par for the course in these books and it totally works because young people and hormones are unpredictable and hard to keep up with. But still the relationships had my head spinning. My second issue is that the Chase/Chance thing falls apart rather quickly. I know that it isn't the main focus of the book, but I still felt that it dissolved too quickly. I think there needed to be a bit more of a conclusion with that. 

Despite that I still loved Chasing Rainbows and wholeheartedly recommend it! I was angry, joyful, sad, and proud all in one book. Any book that can make me feel as deeply as this one did is a great one, in my humble opinion. This is not by any means a happy, joyful story throughout. There are struggles and secrets-big ones-and a lot of healing. Honestly, I don't really feel like "romance" is the best descriptor here. It certainly fits. I just don't think it's enough because Addie's story is so much more.