8/2/15

Book Review~ Fruit of Misfortune









Title: Fruit of Misforune (Creatura #2)
Author: Nely Cab
Genre: NA, Paranormal Romance
Length: 334 pages
Purchase: Amazon
Connect with the Author:  Facebook




Isis' goals for the future included things like attending and graduating college. However, becoming a monster wasn't part of the plan. Isis and her boyfriend, David, are on the brink of a horrible transformation and they are eager to stop it. Together, they set out on a quest to Greece to find Isis' biological father—the only person that may be able to help them. Their journey comes to an abrupt stop before it even begins when Isis falls ill, and Eros, David's best friend, arrives in Athens, unannounced and curious…with a plan of his own. 

The hunt for her father leads Isis on the turbulent path of deceit, death, and demons as she anticipates the dawning of the beast that stirs inside her.
I can't even with the words right now. *sigh* Okay, let's start here. I recently reviewed Creatura, the first book in this series. If you remember from that review, I wasn't a big fan of David's behavior and I had high hopes that he'd redeem himself. He did. Until the end and now I don't know who I'd like to punch in the face the most, David, Eros, Isis, or Nely Cab herself for leaving me hanging like this.

I hate cliff hangers. Apparently I'm a glutton for punishment because I knew this going in, and I still chose to read it. This is part of the reason I don't read a lot of NA books. I get totally hooked and then I have to wait to find out what's going to happen. Patience may be a virtue, but it isn't one I possess. I don't think I've ever read a stand alone NA book. What's up with that?

I digress. Anyhow, so many feels here. Once we peel back the anger and not being able to pick up the third book and find out what's going to happen, there's a lot of mixed emotions swirling around. Predominantly anxiety to see what comes next. Joy that Isis is back to being a tough female lead, and surprise at how everything went down.

Overall, I loved this book. I was glad to see that the personality issues I struggled with in Creatura were cleared up. There were very few things I disliked in this one. Most of those were just people and their stupid choices. But, well, that's part of the plot line, now isn't it?

I love this series. I need the third one. What do I have to do to make this happen? I make awesome brownies. Chocolate is almost always my motivator in writing. Bribery's okay in this instance, right?