9/28/15

Book Review~ Marrying Christopher







Title: Marrying Christopher
Author: Michele Paige Holmes
Genre: Clean Historical Romance
Length: 347  Pages
Purchase: Amazon






Having seen both his sisters Grace and Helen happily married, Christopher Thatcher is free to pursue his dream of life in America. With adventure in his heart and mind, he boards one of the first steamships set to cross the Atlantic in the record breaking time of only twenty-five days. Within the first two of those, his resolve—to avoid women and the complications they often bring to a man’s life—falters when he meets Marsali Abbott, a young woman with a past even more troubling than his own. Whether from years of habit protecting his sisters, or simply because he feels drawn to Marsali, Christopher chooses to help her and becomes her friend. As the truth about what awaits Marsali in America becomes evident, he is faced with a more difficult choice, one that will impact their lives far beyond four weeks together at sea.

This is the third in a series, you can find my reviews of the first two here: Saving GraceLoving Helen  They are stand alones, but I highly suggest reading them in order, they're are great books!

I absolutely love this series! It's well written, engaging, and full of ups and downs. I love watching the struggles and outcomes of the characters in these books. I was so excited and waited (not so) patiently for Marrying Christopher to be released. I was not disappointed. One of the things I love about Michele's writing is that she has strong, independent female leads even in historical romances. They may not be strong in the ways we think of now, but certainly in the ways that are believable for the time period she's writing in.

My name is Amanda May, and so was the ship they were on, so that was always a little weird to read, haha! I did finally get used to it though. Christopher and Marsali's journey was an intense one that kept me on the edge of my seat for a large chuck of the book. As hoped for though, it was a wonderful ending and I thoroughly enjoyed everything about this book. If you're a fan of clean historical romance, you need to read this series!







*I was given a free review copy in exchange for an honest review