10/26/15

Book Review~ Intertwined





Title: Intertwined
Author: Jennifer Slattery
Genre: Christian Romance
Length: 326 Pages
Purchase: Amazon







Abandoned by hubby for another woman, Tammy Kuhn, an organ procurement coordinator finds herself in an altercation with a doctor. Now she is fighting to keep her job and her sanity when one late night she encounters an old flame facing an unthinkable tragedy. Because they both find eternal purposes in every event and encounter, they soon discover their lives are intertwined but the ICU is no place for romance....or is it? This could this be where life begins again.
I very much enjoyed Intertwined. It's a fairly realistic tale of two divorced former friends finding each other again when they both need support the most. I especially enjoyed watching Tammy grow in her faith life. I did have a few issues though. First, basically every non-Christian character was a villain. The ex-wife, the ex-husband, the boss. As a Christian I recognize that people that don't share my faith can still be kind, caring people. 

I'm a devout Christian, and even I felt like the book was a little preachy at times. It's definitely written for those of us already in the faith, and already in agreement. Which is completely fine. But, I know that sometimes non-Christians want a clean read too, so I just want to warn those folks. I did really enjoy the way Tammy grew in her faith, realized how she was being and changed. 

Another thing that bothered me is how we're constantly told that Nick's ex is filling the kids' heads with lies and untruths, but there isn't really any proof of that until almost the end of the book. I didn't really see her as the villain I was supposed to because that's not outright shown, but rather said by him over and over again and there's no proof. 

I also think that with as much as Nick's dad was talked about, more should have happened there. Otherwise, I really enjoyed Intertwined overall and would recommend this one to anyone that wants a clean, Christian romance.








*In exchange for an honest review I was sent a free paperback.